A forklift, a truck with a fork shape lifter, is widely used to lift and transport boxed or stacked materials, products, and other goods in short distance. Forklifts actively serves in warehouse for shelving and re-shelving, at docking areas for loading and unloading, and moving objects between storages and working areas.
Common forklifts are classified as follows:
- Class I - Electric Motor Rider Truck
- Class II - Electric Motor Narrow Aisle Truck
- Class III - Electric Motor Hand Truck
- Class IV - Internal Combustion Truck / Cushion Tires
- Class V - Internal Combustion Truck / Pneumatic Tires