engineering fundamentals Discussion Forum
Directory | Career | News | Industrial
Home Membership Magazines Forum Search Member Calculators






List Recent Topics | Start a New Topic

Message No. 22745, Started by Bret Cahill on 09/11/18

I need to fill a pressure vessel that has only one small port with particulate.  The particulate clumps easily and needs to be blown in for uniform distribution.  W/o cutting into the vessel it's possible to blow a small amount of particulate into the vessel with a compressor.  To keep the pressure in the vessel from increasing this can be repeated using a screen or filter "check valve" to trap the particles in the vessel while allowing air to escape on each cycle.  The air just goes back and forth.

The "screen check valve" is opened and closed by fluid dynamic forces just like the conventional flap or swing check valves that have been in use since the early hominoidocene.  The only diference is the flap is a screen that only keeps the particulate from coming back out.

Are there many applications for screen check valves?  A preliminary search doesn't satisfy.







Reply | Start a New Topic | List Recent Topics

Follow-up Messages (4)
Thank you for sharing this information.
No. 23159, Posted by MaryRoss on 04/20/19, 03:59 PST.
Great info. I love all the posts, I really enjoyed, I would like more infor...
No. 22806, Posted by lindarose11 on 12/25/18, 23:51 PST.
You’ve helped make it clearer for me! [url=
No. 22753, Posted by rosabella on 10/09/18, 01:58 PST.
Aviation ground support equipment, more specifically a nitrogen generator, ...
No. 22746, Posted by AGlick on 09/12/18, 05:28 PST.
Home  Membership  About Us  Privacy  Disclaimer  Contact  Advertise

Copyright © 2019 eFunda, Inc.