Hi, I'm Jing. I'm a senior in high school. I'm working on a physics project, a mechanical powered car with a capability to go 17 feet crossing hills, sand, and uneven surface. I have a few questions about the power source and related matters.
1. Can I use gears to amlify the input force and the speed?
2. Is wind-up spring a good power source?
3. If the car is pretty light, will compressed air help or there is a big chance that it will turn the car over? Or can I use a propeller powered by twisted rubber band to be a supporting power source?
4. In order to keep a car with relatively small mass in course, can I increase the weight of the lower part of the car?
5. In order to reduce the friction, is it a good idea to use wheels used on the tank? ( These wheels will help when the car is on the sand.)
Pretty much that's it. Thanks to whoever provide suggestions to the above questions.