Units

Formulas

Math
List Recent Topics | Start a New Topic

<< Previous Message No. 10352 Next >>
Author: ddelaiar
Time: 01/13/03 08:28 PST
This is a reply to message no. 10350 by rorschach
Reply | Original Message | New Topic | List Topics | List Messages on This Topic
Current Topic:
Moving the plant/manufacturing area?
Hahaha....people with so few clues of how things work in the real world rise to the top because they are incredible BS'ers.

In actuality, my superiors are rather smart individuals who will sit down and listen to you and try and understand your needs.  However, they are not engineers, nor are they mechanically inclined for that matter, and sometimes I believe they think I'm more of a magician than an engineer.  I commonly get the "Well, you're the engineer, work it out" response to a question.  

Someone had mentioned documentation before.  That's a big thing to remember.  Our bosses will give us all these great design ideas but forget to tell us one key requirement.  We'll present a product and have to go back to the drawing board due to the fact that we didn't have that information.  Getting all your requirements down in writing is a key ingredient to success.  At least then you can say "Well, I was unaware of that fact.  We will have to reconsider that requirement in a new design."

Life as an engineer sure isn't what they depict as being when you're in school, but, then again, most careers aren't the way they seem.  It sure beats flipping burgers for a living though!!!
[ List Replies to This Message Only ]

Home  Membership  About Us  Privacy  Disclaimer  Contact  Advertise

Copyright © 2017 eFunda, Inc.