Units

Formulas

Math
List Recent Topics | Start a New Topic

<< Previous Message No. 11581 Next >>
Author: gerdb
Time: 07/05/03 10:02 PST
This is a reply to message no. 11580 by ponma
Reply | Original Message | New Topic | List Topics | List Messages on This Topic
Current Topic:
e=mc*2
That would be difficult to imagine and belief....

When we are dealing with imagination and belief we are dealing with consciousness, not philosophy (a simple form of belief, a shadow application)

I have to admit though, I don't understand this myself. I need to go many layers of abstraction higher than this here mundane plane of existance, and that is diffiult to do.

This is no bs. And Engineering definitely has to consider these factors eventually if we ever want to get off our military-type inventive dum but. Other civilizations don't even begin to talk to us before we overcome our warlike nature. Send out radio signals to make contact ? And the big brains at our biggest educational institutions go for that dum stufffff for such an extended time period (everybody is entitled to initial errors).

I got a first hint of how dumb humanity is whern they sent out that golden record and record player on one of the first space missions, I forgot which one that was. I could not belief they would be sooooo stupid as to belief in the validity of what they were doing. Nver mind the cost, just being so naive as to even contemplate this was incomprehensible to me.

Yes, all of this does concern engineering, unless you want to take engineering into the trash can alltogether.

[ List Replies to This Message Only ]

Home  Membership  About Us  Privacy  Disclaimer  Contact  Advertise

Copyright © 2017 eFunda, Inc.