Units

Formulas

Math
List Recent Topics | Start a New Topic

<< Previous Message No. 11941 Next >>
Author: rorschach
Time: 08/22/03 07:01 PST
This is a reply to message no. 11901 by rorobert
Reply | Original Message | New Topic | List Topics | List Messages on This Topic
Current Topic:
geometric tolerancing
While we are on this subject, I just gotta vent a bit. To all you drafting teachers out there I have just one thing to say to all of you.

If you aren't teaching this to your students you should be fired! Tenure be damned. This isn't even NEW! It has been an ANSI standard since the 50's! For the mathematically challenged among you that is over 50 years ago!

I don't know HOW many "cad operators" I've had to teach the basics of drafting to over the years. They don't even know SIMPLE drafting rules, like which direction the section line arrows point in relation to the section view, or how to project a view properly. Some of these guys can't even visualize the 3D object. Stop making them learn how to letter and worrying about line quality and teach them something useful. Nobody does work on a board anymore, you can't even hardly buy good drafting tools any more simply because nobody needs them anymore, cad is just too cheap.

Too many people come out of these diploma mills like ITT tech and know how to use Autocad, but haven't a clue how to draft, and it is doing industry a disservice.
[ List Replies to This Message Only ]

Home  Membership  About Us  Privacy  Disclaimer  Contact  Advertise

Copyright © 2017 eFunda, Inc.