Units

Formulas

Math
List Recent Topics | Start a New Topic

<< Previous Message No. 14603 Next >>
Author: b1ueshift
Time: 09/20/04 21:36 PST
This is a reply to message no. 14588 by acroduster1
Reply | Original Message | New Topic | List Topics | List Messages on This Topic
Current Topic:
I know this one will light some fires...
Acroduster,

It sounds to me like your problem is change.  Peoples skills lose value for a range of reasons, like technology, recessions and  recently outsourcing.  

Worker redundancy is an old problem.  Blacksmiths as a profession, all but disappeared in the space of a few years when railroads trucks and buses became available.

You can't rely on outsourcing to fail because professionals in developing countries don't have the skills.  People get paid different amount in different countries because that's what the free market dictates.  If you move from America to India and apply for a job with a local employer, you can expect to get an Indian salary  - similarly if an Indian comes to America, (s)he would expect to get paid an American salary.  The free market also dictates that if there is a large difference in the price of a commodity in two areas, people find a way to move it and trade it.  As the technology has become available to trade professional services across country boarders, it seems inevitable that this will occur.

Anything that reduces costs, will only make a company (or a country) more compeditive.  I expect the world (including America) to benefit from outsourcing.
[ List Replies to This Message Only ]

Home  Membership  About Us  Privacy  Disclaimer  Contact  Advertise

Copyright © 2017 eFunda, Inc.