Units

Formulas

Math
List Recent Topics | Start a New Topic

<< Previous Message No. 14605 Next >>
Author: luck now
Time: 09/21/04 02:00 PST
This is a reply to message no. 14597 by vinzenma
Reply | Original Message | New Topic | List Topics | List Messages on This Topic
Current Topic:
I know this one will light some fires...
technology generally does flow from "developed" to "developing" countries, but the definition of who is "developed" and who is "developing" is pretty fluid. sixty years ago "made in japan" was a joke. it's definitely not today. india is "developed" as far as space technology goes. in a couple of decades my guess is that china will be giving the world new technologies.
regarding the outsourcing debate - the same forces that not so long ago wanted free entry into all world markets to dump their products, now find it convinient to manufacture there as well. so the culprit is not the third world engineer trying to earn a living wage, but someone closer home.
so to come back to the main point: should you engage in discussion with someone who has possibly taken a u.s job? my answer would be that that is an individual choice; but a refusal to do so on these grounds alone could only be construed as pique. (ask this: how much have i benefitted over the past decades due to an unequal world order).

[ List Replies to This Message Only ]

Home  Membership  About Us  Privacy  Disclaimer  Contact  Advertise

Copyright © 2017 eFunda, Inc.