Processes

Units

Formulas

Math
List Recent Topics | Start a New Topic

<< Previous Message No. 17576 Next >>
Author: vibhanshu2
Time: 05/03/06 04:06 PST
Reply | Original Message | New Topic | List Topics | List Messages on This Topic
Current Topic:
Drawing Problem

Dear All,

I am working with a cmmi level 5 organization we are using solid works for our mechanical part design. We are facing one problem related to drawing. In current practice we make drawing or solid 3d model of any part and provide that drawing to external vendor for procurement. Vendor provides the first tooled up sample to us. We inspect that part as per our model or drawing. During inspection If we find that part is not according to provided drawings and if these are still acceptable to us then we accept that part on deviation but we do not change the original drawing /model

Now my questions are

1) Shall we change that model or drawing according to deviated part we received, as received part does not have the same dimension that of model?

2) And if we change that model according to the deviated part then this will lead to make drawing or model wrong as we make that model as per that part then again in future we make other mould of that part and we accept with some deviation and again change that model according to deviated part thus we are going wrong?

Therefore I request you give your valuable suggestion as what practices you are following in your organization.

Thanks

Vibhanshu Bhardwaj

[ List Replies to This Message Only ]

Home  Membership  About Us  Privacy  Disclaimer  Contact  Advertise

Copyright © 2018 eFunda, Inc.