Units

Formulas

Math
List Recent Topics | Start a New Topic

<< Previous Message No. 5764 Next >>
Author: b_trappe
Time: 01/10/01 08:27 PST
This is a reply to message no. 42 by rudi
Reply | Original Message | New Topic | List Topics | List Messages on This Topic
Current Topic:
Properties of Diesel Fuel
Hi Rudi

I am working on a project for which I also need to locate diesel properties. I am happy to share with you what I have found. Indeed I'd be happy to hear of what you have found since you posted your message. Like you I am interested in the properties over a range of temperatures.

Most diesel in the world is supposed to conform to EN 590. This sets a range of properties for the diesel. A specification can be found on the lubrizol website listed in the other reply.

With regards to the change in properties with temperature, I would expect the density to remain similar while the fuel re,mains liquid (incompressibility). Similarly, I am informed that kinematic viscosity should not change much above the 40degC at which the EN 590 test is conducted. However it appears that the viscosity increases rapidly at temperatures below 40degC. I have it at 4.2 cStokes at 20degC and 13 cStokes at -15degC. Wrt vappour pressure and surface tension, I have no information.

Feel free to contact me if you wish : btrappe@ricardo.com

Best regards

Brian

[ List Replies to This Message Only ]

Home  Membership  About Us  Privacy  Disclaimer  Contact  Advertise

Copyright © 2017 eFunda, Inc.