engineering fundamentals Discussion Forum
Directory | Career | News | Industrial
Home Membership Magazines Forum Search Member Calculators






List Recent Topics | Start a New Topic

<< Previous Message No. 634 Next >>
Author: dr funda
Time: 03/12/00 14:08 PST
This is a reply to message no. 626 by saket
Reply | Original Message | New Topic | List Topics | List Messages on This Topic
Current Topic:
How to design an automated system to measure flow rate of a gas (bubble ) ..and thus able to calliberate the mass flow controller.
Dear saket,

There are many types of electronic gas flowmeters. They measure either the pressure drop through a venturi, or the head caused by a pitot tube, or the rpm of a rotor, or the time-difference of the acoustic waves travelling up and down stream, or the change of reistance of a hot wire, or the bias across a flexible piezo element, and many other schemes.

We understand that we need a section discussing transducers, sensors and detectors and we do plan on doing so in our future revisions. Until then, if you would like to tell us what is the type of the flowmeter you are using, we can probably write a few paragraphs explaining how that particular type works.

eFunda Staff

[ List Replies to This Message Only ]

Home  Membership  About Us  Privacy  Disclaimer  Contact  Advertise

Copyright © 2018 eFunda, Inc.