Power Transmission

Gear drives, bearings, motors, clutches, couplings, machine controls, sensors and components.

Essentials of Manufacturing

Information, coverage of important developments and expert commentary in manufacturing.

3D Scanners

A white paper to assist in the evaluation of 3D scanning hardware solutions.

Offshore

International news and technology for marine/offshore operations around the world.

more free magazines
List Recent Topics | Start a New Topic

Message No. 24967, Started by RubenCarner on 06/24/20

Hello

I am in my first job out of school as a mechanical design engineer and was hired on a 1 year contract with the opportunity to stay on permanently afterwards, I have done design at my other jobs but this is my first product design position. All the other engineers here have a really extreme attention to detail relating to modeling and drawing practices that I can not keep up with very easily. That along with other reasons has caused me to not be offered a permanent position. Is this something that is required from design engineers in general? All of the design work I have done in the past I have had a close eye on detail but this place seems like it is on a different level. I want to make sure that design is a good fit for me at my next job and maintaining this level of scrutiny is very draining.

Thank you !

Reply | Start a New Topic | List Recent Topics

There are no replies to this message.

Glossary